Are you a first soprano looking for a vocal group where you can expand your musical talents? Trouble with Trebles is looking for you.
Trouble with Trebles (TWT) Vocal Ensemble is searching for a versatile first soprano interested in joining our fun vocal group. We give the very best for each rehearsal and every performance. We take pride in ensuring a fun and positive experience for those who attend our performances. We ask that you do the same. In turn, you will be challenged with interesting music, a collaborative and supportive environment, and plenty of learning and growth.
- Proficiency in reading music
- Ability to maintain pitch and blend in a variety of musical styles
- Experience performing in a small vocal ensemble
- Capability to sing alternate parts to improve group balance and versatility
- Ability to sing a flexible range from First Alto to First Soprano
- Ability to perform and maintain stage presence
- Capability to memorize music for performances (we are off-book for most of our music)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Willingness to learn, be flexible, and adapt
- Ability to work in a group/team environment
- Aptitude in interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to attend (most) rehearsals (currently Sundays, 1 to 3 or 2 to 4 [rehearsal dates/times are subject to change])
- Ability to meet deadlines and practice on your own time (or ask for help if you need it)
- Must be able to appear for most performances (we perform around 15 times per year)
- Willingness to help with set-up and tear-down before and after performances (this is a group effort)
- Willingness to obtain ensemble attire and accessories to reflect the theme of the show and the style of the group
Preferred (but not required):
- Creativity – music ideas, collaboration, choreography, and staging ideas
- Ability to sing parts by ear or on the fly
How to audition
Our audition process:
- Contact us to schedule your audition (click the button below to go to our contact page, and send us a message indicating interest).
- Review and prepare yourself as noted below:
Be prepared for the following:
- You will sing “America the Beautiful” as a solo – your most comfortable key is fine (we will provide piano accompaniment)
- There is a short pitch-matching/memory exercise
- You will sight read, and perform with the group, our arrangement of “Bridge over Troubled Water”
- You will sing with the group “Bridge over Troubled Water” without anyone else singing your part
A NOTE TO PROSPECTIVE GROUP MEMBERS:
This is a volunteer group. As such, our members do NOT get paid. While the group does get paid for most of our performances, the funds we earn are used for purchasing new music, maintaining the website and other group expenses. We hope that someday we can charge enough for our gigs that we will each be able to walk away with a piece of the pot.